Fundraising Officer - New View Society
The Organization: New View Society is a community mental health non-profit based in Port Coquitlam, BC. We pride ourselves on a positive workplace culture and a valued reputation in our community. We are known for our great care towards clients, employees, and community alike, through our core values of: integrity, respect, inclusiveness, caring and trust.
We believe in creating an environment for growth and recovery for people challenged by mental illness through:
- Supporting an individual’s choice to live, work, learn and be part of their community.
- Promoting recovery in a friendly, safe and supportive environment for individuals affected by mental illness in the Tri-Cities.
- Being a flexible and caring Society dedicated to mental wellness.
- Providing housing, employment, social and personal growth opportunities.
Why Should You Apply?
- flexible working hours.
- extended health benefits, EFAP, and matched RRSP.
- pro-rated three weeks’ vacation to start.
- opportunities for professional development (we are committed to staff growth).
- positive workplace culture.
The Position: We’re looking for a part-time Fundraising Officer to join our admin team for 20 hours per week. Wage range: $22.95 - $27.00 per hour.
The Fundraising Officer is responsible to understand New View’s current and potential fundraising efforts and donor pool and hold a vital role in planning events and coordinating other activities to encourage donations and help us to meet and exceed fundraising goals. Responsibilities include: working with key stakeholders within the organization to ensure that challenging fundraising targets are met, contractual obligations with donors are adhered to with strong stewardship of these strategic relations, and new donors are brought on board; coordinating all types of fundraising activities including individual giving, major gifts, corporate philanthropy, planned giving, grants etc.; engaging with and cultivating donors and developing compelling proposals; providing strategic support and direction for organizational and program fundraising; and working to mobilize and align communications, media and advocacy activity to engage supporters.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Leadership: Provides leadership and expertise to the Board of Directors, consultants, staff, and volunteers to ensure New View achieves goals and objectives related to delivering on fundraising strategies. Leads all fundraising events including management of internal and external volunteers related to fundraising. Develops knowledge of fundraising practices and methods and skills with all key stakeholders.
- Fundraising: Leads the planning, writing and editing of compelling funding proposals that comply with required guidelines and standards and meet donor guidelines; develops and improves the effectiveness of New View’s oversight, monitoring and coordination of fundraising and reporting; ensures that accurate and up to date information is maintained on all submissions, grant-funded projects and donors in relative databases and filing systems; coordinates fund raising programs and events including: setting plans, organizing meetings and determining reporting arrangements; ensures donor reports meet established requirements and contracts are of a high standards and submitted on time; takes the lead in developing New View’s capabilities to enter into capital or other fundraising agreements and underlying contracts; prepares and presents reports to management and the Board.
- Strategic Relations with Donors: Develops and deepens New View’s existing donor relationships, ensuring effective communications and good relationships are maintained with our donor partners and they are updated on our work and achievements; keeps the organization up to date on changing donor priorities and ensures new funding opportunities are identified and shared with key stakeholders in a timely manner; works closely with the Executive Director and Board to develop new income sources and to increase New View’s profile and enhance its reputation within our donor community; represents New View at meetings with donors and external events.
- Fundraising Strategies: Develops a comprehensive fundraising strategy and work plans including tactics for raising unrestricted income; advises and assists the Executive Director and fundraising committee/team (s) in devising and implementing fundraising strategies for specific goals and/or projects and reviews their implementation on a regular basis; contributes to New View’s strategic and annual planning processes having ownership of the fundraising part of the overall process.
- Additional Responsibilities: Manages and reports on the fundraising budget; ensures fundraising section of the website is up to date and relevant; contributes to organizational processes and policy formulation; participates in internal meetings and communications.
- Clear job-related criminal record check.
- Proficient with computer software programs e.g. MS Office.
- 3 years’ related experience.
- Prior experience compiling financial and other reporting at the Board level.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Skilled in time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Must have ability to work with co-workers and be team-oriented.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with individuals with mental illness.
- Have outstanding self-awareness and emotional intelligence, and a passion for personal growth
- Have excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Have outstanding communications skills, written and oral
- Have demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Are hands-on and lead by example
- Are person-centred
- Value diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Have the ability to multitask while maintaining vigilant attention to details
- Have integrity in all you do
- Are constantly looking to apply best practices
- Are connected to New View Society’s mission, vision and values
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all candidates for their applications, but only successful applicants will be contacted.