Senior Development Officer - Pearson College UWC
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT OFFICER FULL-TIME
In 1974, Pearson College was founded as Lester B. Pearson United World College (UWC) of the Pacific. Pearson College UWC is a unique, highly selective, two-year pre-university school for up to 200 students from across Canada and around the world selected solely on their promise and potential and demonstrated commitment to actively engage in creating a better world. Students currently attend from nearly 160 countries. The College campus, located on the traditional territory of the Beecher Bay (Scia’New) First Nation, is situated on the southernmost tip of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, along the shores of Pacific Ocean at Pedder Bay. The College is one of 18 UWC schools worldwide. (pearsoncollege.ca)
Pearson College UWC is recruiting for an outstanding Senior Development Officer to join our Advancement and External Relations team.
Reporting to: Senior Philanthropic Advisor and Campaign Director
As a key member of the College’s Advancement and External Relations Department, the Senior Development Officer will be part of a team working towards a Phase 1 campaign goal of $40M to Renew and Re-found Pearson College for the next 50 years. The team has secured early leadership gifts and is looking for an additional team member to accelerate its efforts.
The Senior Development Officer will report to and work closely with the Campaign Director. The successful candidate will also work in close collaboration with the Director of Advancement and will establish and maintain strong working relationships with other AER Directors, as well as with the Advancement, Communications and Alumni Relations team members and other members of the College staff and faculty.
The Senior Development Officer will be responsible for managing a robust portfolio of donors, travelling extensively to meet with donors and prospective supporters. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player with good communication, listening and relationship-building skills, who will make a meaningful contribution to the growth of Pearson’s overall advancement program.
- Manage major gifts prospects over $25,000
- Manage a portfolio of planned giving prospects for in-person cultivation and solicitation
- Travel extensively, commensurate with the College’s expectations for fundraising activity, contact and travel. May involve international travel depending upon prospect assignments
- Work closely with the team’s Grant and Proposal Writer to submit funding proposals as required
- Deliverables will be established in support of College’s annual fundraising goal • Work with colleagues to organize and host small donor engagement gatherings in various cities
- In coordination with the College’s prospect researcher, identify and qualify prospects from across the world to support the College based on insights gained from collection and analysis of internal and external information
- Provide recommendations on the priority of prospects based on research findings and analysis of those findings
- Prepare briefing notes and profiles as required for meetings and setting strategy
Compensation & Organization
This is a full-time position located at Pearson College UWC in Metchosin, approximately 40 minutes from downtown Victoria. The College offers an attractive compensation package to an outstanding and qualified applicant. This is position is for one-year term, subject to renewal.
- Post- secondary degree or equivalent related work experience required
- CFRE designation is an asset
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of major gift fundraising experience with proven track record of securing gifts $25,000+ from private donors and funders
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Pearson and the UWC’s mission and values, such as valuing international and cultural understanding, celebrating differences, and respecting the environment
- Strong networking, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the affinity and ability to encourage and motivate donors
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Raiser’s Edge or equivalent contact management experience preferred
- Must be able to travel frequently, including for international travel
- Applicants in offsite location will be considered
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Résumés and a cover letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pearson College UWC is committed to diversity and equity in employment. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents shall be given priority.