Donor Services Officer - Vancouver College
Title: Donor Services Officer
Status: 1.0 FTE
Term: 18 months
Start Date: August 17, 2019
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Vancouver College and Our Next Century:
Vancouver College, established in 1922, is a Kindergarten through Grade 12 independent Catholic school for boys served by the Congregation of Christian Brothers in the spirit of Blessed Edmund Rice. Vancouver College promotes the harmonious growth of the whole person, fosters the development of higher-order thinking, and prepares its students for life-long learning.
Due to the seismic challenges of the campus’ original building from the 1920s, in particular Lannon and McCormack Halls, Vancouver College is undergoing an extensive campus redevelopment plan that sees the construction of two new buildings. The first, Manrell Hall was completed in September 2018 and the second is scheduled for completion in July 2020.
The Our Next Century Campaign consolidates all fundraising efforts of Vancouver College, the Vancouver College Millennium Foundation, and the Vancouver College Parents Association into one campaign until the 2019-2020 school year. The comprehensive campaign supports many areas including capital funding, emerging educational priorities, and our financial assistance program.
The cost of the two buildings is $43 Million and with our community’s ongoing support and unified efforts, we hope to raise as close to this figure as possible not only to ensure completion of the second building but also to fortify the school’s financial well-being and sustainability for years to come. To date (6/30/2019), we have raised just over $33 Million over a five-year period, thanks to the generosity of many families, alumni, and friends in our community.
Primary Function of the Position:
- Ensures the effective development and management of information on prospective donors and current donors to ensure accuracy in campaign management, receipting, reporting, and other functions.
- Manages and implements all aspects of Vancouver College’s integrated direct response program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide database management support in all aspects of Advancement including data entry/import following data integrity guidelines, segmentation, and analytics using Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare records relative to the collection and processing of gifts and all donor records at the direction of the Director of Advancement.
- Perform queries on the database, generate lists for various purposes, and compile reports.
- Manage follow up of pledges, recurring monthly giving, and coordinate/reconcile with Accounting.
- Coordinate the interface between Raiser’s Edge, Online Express and the Business Office’s Quickbooks.
- Generate charitable tax receipts.
- Continue to build and refine Vancouver College’s established annual fund program and recommend changes and adjustments, as necessary.
- Work with the Director of Advancement to integrate annual fund activities into the overall advancement program.
- Oversee and implement direct response solicitation program typically twice a year.
- Work closely with the Advancement Team on matters specific to the annual fund, including identifying appropriate areas for integrating annual fund messaging and solicitation.
- Contribute to the development of solicitation materials and packages of various media for solicitation, awareness-building and community-building purposes; including creative development, copywriting, collateral materials, integration of College’s website, and electronic fundraising elements integration.
- Analyze and report on the results of solicitations and campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to cull major and leadership gift prospects for personal solicitation.
- Implement a monthly donor conversion program with appropriate donor segments.
- Attend and provide support at Advancement and school events, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Advanced data management skills utilizing fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge and knowledge of Online Express and NXT an asset.
- Demonstrated accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (mail merge and spreadsheets) and experience with web based applications and payment services.
- Track record in effective constituent segmentation and in integrating annual giving into an overall advancement program.
- Experience working with sensitive information and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma and a minimum of three years experience in advancement/development/outside sales, preferably in data management and/or annual fund work or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Familiarity with and commitment to the mission of Vancouver College and/or comfort working in a Catholic/faith-based environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate to donors, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Self-motivated (a “self-starter”); innovative and ability to work with independence and collaboratively within the context of a team environment.
- Flexible in approaching complex situations and relationships.
- Results-oriented and goal-driven.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and manage data.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities, giving careful attention to detail.
- Second language an asset.
How To Apply
We thank all interested parties and ask you to email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 26, 2019.
Please include “Donor Services Officer” in the subject line.
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email/phone by July 29 for an interview that week.