Director, Fundraising & Development - MOSAIC
MOSAIC is a Registered Non-Profit dedicated to building and enhancing the lives of newcomers to Canada. Through the offering of programs and services dedicated to the successful settlement, education and advancement of immigrants and refugees, MOSAIC has served communities throughout British Columbia for over 40 years. Our placement track record and strong connections to employers resulted in MOSAIC being the largest BC employment service provider focusing on immigrants, holding multiple contract through the B.C. Government’s Employment Program of B.C
As an organization, non-government sources of funding are crucial to our success in delivering growth and sustainability in our programs. MOSAIC is creating a new path to fundraising success through implementation of every-day donor and corporate partner engagement initiatives, annual cause-for-support campaigns and regular industry-leading workshops, job-fairs and projects. We are committed to not only diversifying our sources of revenue, but also to widening our influence and broadening our services to enrich our communities.
For more information, please visit MOSAIC.
As one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada, we sincerely value the support of our donors and corporate partners and endeavor to build long-term relationships with people and organizations that share our values. We have a wide range of programs and services that require funding and also offer opportunities for brand and donor engagement.
To enhance and grow the programs and services offered by MOSAIC, we are seeking a highly motivated fundraising professional to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team player, accountable for revenue generation initiatives in the area of fundraising, major gifts and corporate partnerships. They will uphold strong relationships while ensuring fundraising expectations are continuously exceeded. In addition to revenue driving responsibilities, successful candidates will bring exceptional energy, creativity, experience and leadership to the growth and development of MOSAIC, supporting the strategic development and alignment of existing and new programming.
This is a full-time leadership role based out of our Vancouver headquarters. While we generally operate Monday-Friday during regular business hours, this position will be required to attend evening and weekend functions as required.
- Acquires new donors and partners and renews existing partnership agreements to fulfill MOSAIC’s revenue and profit objectives
- Develops and implements strategies for closing major gift and corporate partner solicitations and leads outreach discussions and negotiations with prospective and renewing donors/partners
- Plans and implements all areas of fundraising, including prospect review, research and documentation; cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporation, foundations, and community groups.
- Generates donor/prospect solicitation materials and correspondence;
- Works closely with marketing team to leverage technology and online/social platforms to generate funding
- Networks to continually identify and develop new relationships which may link individual interests to MOSAIC needs.
- Creates an exceptional experience and positive interactions with business leaders and supporters; volunteers and organizers; participants; donors; and partners.
Stewardship & Servicing
- Ensures that appropriate donor/partner recognition, acknowledgment and stewardship programs are in place;
- Develops, maintains and nurtures superb working relationships with existing and new partners to ensure high levels of satisfaction through exceptional service delivery while achieving revenue goals
- Active participation in the promotion of partners the marketplace
- Leads and manages the day-to-day relationships with existing and new donors and partners
- Ensures all partnership benefits and activations are properly coordinated and recognized
Administration / Management
- In consultation with the CEO and the ELT (Executive Leadership Team), provides expertise and performs analysis necessary to contribute to the development of annual budgets, revenue goals and strategic plans
- Builds, manages and sustains the internal business relationships necessary to support achievement of fundraising goals.
- Manages fundraising team personnel and sets annual fundraising key-performance indicators for organization and direct reports
- Manages contract follow-up and post-acquisition administration
- Regular reporting of fundraising progress updates to MOSAIC Leadership Team and Board of Directors – developing any relevant meeting materials, activity reports and forecast of progress towards annual revenue goals and course correcting where necessary
- Maintains prospect lists, funding data and all cause for support-donor engagement materials
- Keeps appraised of internal funding needs and volunteer opportunities.
- Authentically represents MOSAIC, advocating and promoting opportunities to increase the MOSAIC donor base
- Collaborates and works in close partnership with the Senior Leadership Team and marketing, communications and operations teams to meet MOSAIC’s short and long term Fundraising goals
- Actively participates in local networking and immigrant services events that enhance MOSAIC’s community presence
- Participates in any required team meetings
- Travels as required
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising, sales, non-for-profit including recent experience in a major gift fundraising or partnerships development role preferred
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution – business, marketing or communications degree preferred; completion of CFRE designation is an asset
- Proven ability to both develop and implement successful and diverse fundraising programs and larger campaigns
- A proven collaborative networker with the ability to interface successfully with individuals at all levels in business, stakeholder groups, government and the general public
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Not-for-Profit Fundraising, Community Investment, Marketing/PR, Consumer Engagement experience an asset
- Strong ability to effectively share ideas, courageously take initiative and approach problems with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A keen eye for detail, a passion for exceeding expectations and a desire for providing “value-added” service
- Experience working or volunteering in social purpose organizations is an asset
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in other languages are an asset
How To Apply
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to:email@example.com with “Job Posting: Director, Fundraising” and your last name in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community