Development Coordinator - Veterans Transition Network
Compensation commensurate with experience
You will be provided with training and opportunities to grow into a leadership role.
The Veterans Transition Network is a national charity running therapeutic group programs for Canadian Forces Members and Veterans from coast to coast.
Our team consists of innovative, dedicated people with real passion for our mission. Our office culture is geared towards people who can work largely unsupervised and are comfortable with a relaxed and mostly informal, yet professional work environment.
We’re in the middle of a period of rapid growth and are looking to add to our team a motivated professional with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail. As Development Coordinator, you will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator. The Development Coordinator is a position with significant opportunities to assume responsibilities across a wide range of grant writing, fundraising, and relationship building activities.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to create guidelines for community fundraisers
- Capitalize on arising opportunities and work with ambassadors to develop presentation materials
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator campaigns
- Identify and approach potential donors
- Oversee donor and volunteer cultivation/appreciation events
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual donors
Corporate and Foundation Relations:
- Conduct grant and sponsorship research
- Writes and submits grant proposals to funding agencies
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to fulfill sponsorship requirement and recognition, including communications such as social media and press releases
- Manages data entry and development of donor database and email distribution
- Attend quarterly Board meetings (if applicable)
- Adaptability to changing needs with an openness to taking on additional responsibilities and ad hoc projects
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a detail-oriented approach
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and within a team
- High ethical standards
Asset: (strongly preferred)
- Previous work experience in Development/Fundraising roles
- Familiar with the donor cultivation cycle
- Prior experience working with not-for-profit or charitable organization
- Previous work experience with a modern CRM
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use Development Coordinator as the subject line.