Fund Development Manager - YWCA Metro Vancouver
This position in Fund Development is responsible for raising Annual and Major Gift revenue for YWCA programs and services by securing gifts from current and new individual, corporate, foundation and government donors.
The position will work closely with a team of 17 individuals to ensure that the financial goals of the Fund Development Department are met and will represent the YWCA in public and one-on-one situations. We each work independently and are fully responsible for our own areas but we work collaboratively as a dynamic team to ensure the best quality for our donors and therefore the women and children the YWCA serves. This position includes flexible work hours and some opportunity to work remotely.
Help us make a difference
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated services. Skilled at meeting employee and client needs, YWCA Metro Vancouver treats employees with respect and is committed to offering initiatives, compensation and benefits that retain employees and help them achieve work/life balance.
Status: Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)
Location: YWCA Program Centre, 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- Identify, research, and build relationships with prospects which will result in face-to-face meetings and the solicitation of annual and major gifts
- Identify planned giving prospects from annual and major gift donors and make the planned giving solicitation where appropriate
- Steward and report to current donors in order to renew and upgrade their donations in the future
- Write compelling funding proposals as well as other departmental communication materials including letters of intent and reports
- Conduct research for fund development purposes to update information about social issues addressed by YWCA programs
- Complete solicitations on a timely basis to ensure revenue targets are met
- Provide excellent donor service and appropriate recognition for donations
- Participate in and support donor events
- Knowledge of prospects with a proven track record in closing annual and major gift asks
- Strong relationship building, strategy development and fundraising skills with 5 years related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write a variety of documents, such as proposals, reports and correspondence
- Experience with prospect research as well as researching social issues
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strategic, proactive work style
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Strong Microsoft Word skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage
- Post-secondary education
How To Apply
We’ve been striving to change lives for over 120 years. Last year, our programs and services helped 47,500 people. Interested in joining us? Candidates are invited to send resumes by March 12th at 9:00 am to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.