Donor Relations Administrative Assistant - YWCA Metro Vancouver
This position provides administrative support and assists the Fund Development team to raise funds by nurturing strong relationships with current and prospective donors.
Help us make a difference
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated services. Skilled at meeting employee and client needs, YWCA Metro Vancouver treats employees with respect and is committed to offering initiatives, compensation and benefits that retain employees and help them achieve work/life balance.
Status: Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)
Location: YWCA Program Centre, 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- Administrative functions: support fund development mailings; assist with maintenance of hard copy donor files; follow up with donors when needed; assist with department inventory and marketing collateral; data entry
- Donor event support and execution: coordinate guest list; prepare and mail invitations; manage donor follow-up correspondence; receive and track RSVPs; enter data into Raiser’s Edge; order catering; set up event location
- Holiday campaign execution: support our Presents of Peace holiday hamper program
- Donor stewardship and cultivation: acknowledge donor gifts; support the annual renewal of Inner Circle members; manage the process for holiday and birthday cards and the mailing of our semi-annual newsletter; process gifts when needed
- 1-2 years fundraising and Raiser’s Edge or other CRM or database experience an asset
- Strong data entry and administrative kills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Extremely accurate and detail oriented
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proven donor relationship building skills with the ability to be tactful, diplomatic and manage confidential information
- Strategic and proactive thinking in all aspects of work with the success of the Fund Development team as the foundation of all responsibilities
How To Apply
We’ve been striving to change lives for over 120 years. Last year, our programs and services helped 47,500 people. Interested in joining us? Candidates are invited to send resumes by March 18th at 5:00 pm to: email@example.com.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.