Please mark this year's National Philanthropy Day for Monday, November 15, 2021! We will be awarding recipients from the Giving Hearts Awards nominations submitted in 2020 in addition to two new awards for 2021.
Community Pandemic Response Business Award
A corporation or its corporate foundation that has demonstrated outstanding commitment through financial support and the encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Community Pandemic Response Individual Award
A youth, individual or family that has demonstrated outstanding commitment through volunteer or financial support and the encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following Giving Hearts Awards categories will be presented to 2020 nominees and were not open for nomination this year:
- Outstanding Philanthropist
- Outstanding Legacy Philanthropist
- Outstanding Youth Philanthropist
- Outstanding Corporation (more than 50 employees)
- Outstanding Small Business (50 employees or less)
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
NOMINATION PROCESS & KEY TIMELINES
Please note that the deadline for submissions was Friday, June 18, 2021. All online applications must include the following elements:
- The completed online nomination form for the applicable category.
- An executive summary of your nomination - highlighting the key elements of your nominee’s overall contribution to the philanthropic community (max. 125 words).
- A quote from your nominee highlighting the importance of philanthropy in their life or community (max. 50 words).
- An approved, electronic, full-colour photo: a high-resolution formal head shot for an individual nominee or a high-resolution logo for a corporate nominee in one of the following formats: TIF, EPS, JPG.
- The completed nomination of no more than 1200 words. Please address each element of the criteria in complete, clear and concise narrative. Entries will be judged on the responses to the criteria outlined.
Supporting documents (such as letters, newspaper articles, etc.) are not accepted. If you are an individual or group that wishes to be recognized with a Giving Heart Award, please connect with your charity of choice to discuss a nomination. Self-nominations are not recommended.
Working with your Nominee
Please note that excerpts from each nomination, including the photo, quote and executive summary will be featured in the Event Program and other AFP National Philanthropy Day promotional materials, websites and social media channels. Please ensure that all information submitted can be shared publicly.
Please discuss your nominee’s availability to attend the virtual National Philanthropy Day celebration on Monday, November 15, 2021. All Giving Hearts Awards recipients will be requested to be available in early September for a filmed interview which will be featured on-screen during the virtual event and shared on YouTube post-event. The National Philanthropy Day organizers will make every effort to limit the time required and to schedule around the recipients’ commitments.
Senior members of the Vancouver AFP community and media will form the judicial panel for all awards. This judicial panel will review the responses to the criteria on the nominees and will select the final Giving Hearts recipients. The selection of award recipients will be based solely on the information contained in the nomination. The committee may verify the information but will not seek out additional information. Nominating organizations will be informed of the judging results as soon as they become available.
If you have any questions about the Giving Hearts Awards, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.