Director of Community Development (New Position) - Stanley Park Ecology Society
We are seeking a dynamic, driven and accomplished fundraising professional to join the Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) as the new Director of Community Development.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Community Development will lead the growth of our ambitious fundraising goals and be responsible for developing and diversifying revenue income to support our strategic goals and grow our organization.
SPES is a community-based charitable not-for-profit organization with a mission of collaborative leadership in environmental education, research and conservation in Stanley Park. SPES’ programs engage individuals throughout the forest, wetland, and intertidal ecosystems within Stanley Park – providing opportunities for educational experiences, hands-on restoration projects, and ecological monitoring projects. This role allows you to support this exciting work in the iconic Stanley Park as you apply your exceptional fundraising ability to make an impact.
Bring your talent, passion and unique blend of experience and expertise to this newly created role. If you are charismatic, love nature, find it rewarding to support organization-wide financial sustainability and have the qualifications below, we want to hear from you.
- Develop, manage and deliver a clearly defined fundraising strategy, including short- and long-term measurable key performance indicators and growth goals
- Oversee the development and implementation of new fundraising initiatives, including mid-level giving, major gifts, corporate sponsorship
- Develop and implement donor stewardship activities and other initiatives to maximize donor engagement and advancement
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Communications Specialist to develop cases for support
- Collaborate with Board of Directors, volunteers and community partners in the realization of the SPES’ strategic plan in regards to fundraising and profile.
- Utilize Salesforce database for donor development, tax receipt tracking, and other analytics
- Expectation to reach quarterly target metrics and to report to the Board of Directors as requested.
- Health benefits available after 6 months
- First year, 2 weeks paid vacation
- Working in and for Stanley Park
- Flexible work schedule
- Experience in planning and executing revenue generation growth
- Adept at building long term, productive relationships
- Proven success in growing donor and sponsor programs
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Value the environmental mission of the organization
- Ability to work both on-site in Stanley Park and off-site
- Knowledge and appreciation of local environmental issues an asset
- Business degree or diploma in a related discipline an asset
How To Apply
Apply by November 20 - Early applications encouraged
Please send application (resume, cover letter, and salary expectations) to Dylan Rawlyk, Executive Director.
Subject header should be “Director of Community Development – [Your Name]”.
Dylan Rawlyk, Executive Director
Stanley Park Ecology Society
We thank all candidates but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.