Manager of Corporate Sponsorship & Foundations - The Arts Club Theatre Company
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: $55,000 to $58,000 per annum with extended health benefits (after 3 months)
Employment Type: This is a permanent full-time position. 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9AM-5:30PM. Some evenings/weekends are required
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Corporate Sponsorship and Foundations is a dynamic, highly motivated, and results-driven individual. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of fundraising efforts to meet annual goals for all corporate and foundation support. Applicants will demonstrate their proven ability to lead projects and achieve targeted goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to
- Responsible for a $500,000 + corporate portfolio;
- Responsible for the stewardship and cultivation of up to 50 corporate partners
- Develop and implement fundraising plans to secure support from the corporate sector through sponsorships, grants, and contra sponsorships;
- Identify and solicit a robust prospect base for corporate giving, using internal and external data, personal contact, research, and collaboration with the Board of Directors;
- Write grants for foundation support and craft winning sponsorship proposals for strategic brand alliance;
- Organize and execute all duties related to sponsor functions including corporate client events, opening night receptions, and other sponsor related events;
- Manage fulfillment of benefits for corporate supporters including all recognition, tickets, events, and other ad-hoc activities to achieve high levels of sponsor satisfaction;
- Provide supervision of the Development Coordinator, interns and volunteers to ensure accurate and timely data entry, record keeping, correspondence, and communication with corporate sponsors;
- Contribute to the overall success of the Development team and the Arts Club Theatre Company with participation in activities outside the scope of this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising in the not-for-profit sector with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding fundraising goals;
- Experience with donor database management and gift processing systems, preferably Tessitura;
- Experience overseeing donor fulfillment, including recognition and events;
- Knowledge of and established relationships with the corporate funding community and familiarity with Vancouver fundraising community preferred;
- Experience developing persuasive corporate sponsorship proposals;
- A passion for theatre and a desire to work for a growing and dynamic arts organization;
- Experience supervising staff.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to network effectively;
- A multi-tasker and problem-solver with the ability to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior organizational skills (focused, thorough, detail oriented) and project management experience;
- Self motivated
How To Apply
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Arts Club Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates and needs of the “Society”.