Fund Development Coordinator (full-time) - Arthritis Research Canada
WHO ARE WE?
Arthritis Research Canada is an independent, not for profit charitable organization that is home to Canada’s largest clinical research institution. Created in 1999, Arthritis Research Canada’s mission is driven by the vision of its Board of Directors, Research Scientists and staff who are focused on arthritis research aimed at arthritis prevention, early diagnosis, better treatment, and improved quality of life.
Arthritis Research Canada is located directly across the street from the Lansdowne Centre skytrain station in Richmond, a 20 minute commute from waterfront station in Vancouver. For those who drive, we provide free parking.
We’re looking for an energetic self-starter to join our fund development team. This full time position will generate annual revenues through our special events portfolio, corporate partnerships, and other fundraising and donor stewardship initiatives. This position requires someone who takes initiative, is an organized multi-tasker, and has superb attention to detail.
- Working with the Director of Development, helps to develop and execute overall fundraising plans.
- Maintains and cultivates existing and researches new donors for corporate partnerships, sponsorships, and community engagement opportunities.
- Develops and implements the plan for the special events portfolio, including third party fundraising events.
- Works collaboratively with volunteer committees to strategize and coordinate special event execution.
- Works collaboratively with marketing and communication staff to coordinate and deliver donor recognition and timely stewardship.
- Maintains and accurately tracks donor gifts and activities in the Raiser’s Edge data base.
- Prepares regular status updates on fundraising revenues and activity.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising, including event planning, volunteer management, and donor relations.
- Superior organization and problem-solving skills, with a high degree of initiative.
- Excellent computer skills, with competency using advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and internet.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google G-suite applications, graphic design principles, and social media tools.
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written, interpersonal, and phone manner.
- Positive attitude, innovative, and creative.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations and reprioritizing of tasks to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with staff, Board members and donors with tact and diplomacy.
- Assist in the stewardship and maintenance of donor and volunteer relationships.
- Experience with a donor database (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Sound knowledge of CRA guidelines regarding event and gift-in-kind donations, and general receipting.
- Ability to work the occasional evening or weekend.
How To Apply
This is a full-time position (Monday through Friday). Work hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Applicants must have a valid BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
Arthritis Research Canada offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
Please forward your resume and covering letter to:
Director of Development
Arthritis Research Canada
5591 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6X 2C7
Application deadline Thursday, November 14, 2019
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.