Manager of Development and Fundraising - BC Wildlife Federation
The BC Wildlife Federation is a province-wide voluntary conservation organization representing all British Columbians whose aims are to protect, enhance and promote the wise use of the environment for the benefit of present and future generations. While our origins can be traced back to the 1890's when some of its currently operating clubs were formed, the BC Wildlife Federation was incorporated under the B.C. Societies Act in 1951 and it became a registered charity in 1969. The Federation is British Columbia's largest and oldest conservation organization. BCWF Strategic Objectives are:
- To ensure the sound, long-term management of British Columbia's fish, wildlife, park and outdoor recreational resources in the best interests of all British Columbians, and to coordinate all the voluntary agencies, societies, clubs and individuals interested in that objective, and
- To develop and support a comprehensive educational program to make all British Columbians aware of the value of British Columbia's fish, wildlife, park and outdoor recreational resources, and to arouse in the public conscience a recognition of, and a respect for, the place of fish, wildlife and outdoor recreation in the wise integrated use of the nation's natural resources.
The Manager, Development and Fundraising is a key member of the BC Wildlife Federation team, responsible for all fundraising and development activities of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Operations, the Manager, Development and Fundraising will create and implement BCWF’s annual development plan and strategy, in line with the mission, goals and objectives of the Federation.
- Create and implement the annual development plan and budget, including fundraising targets and strategies for donor acquisition, retention & stewardship, grants, corporate giving & sponsorship, and all fundraising initiatives.
- Provides leadership and direction in setting and achieving fundraising goals and objectives within the organization.
- Works independently with donors and prospects, develops proposals for funding, and works to achieve fundraising goals.
- Manage all fundraising campaigns & initiatives including information management on Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop and implement systems for effective donor management, including expansion & diversification of the BCWF donor base.
- Develop and implement stewardship, tribute and legacy programs for the Federation.
- Expand, procure and service BCWF Affinity Partners and corporate members.
- Procure grants and sponsorships and manage all related tracking and reporting.
- Manage consumer fund-development initiatives and value-added revenue generating opportunities including merchandise, lotteries, retail & on-line auctions, etc.
- Develop, implement and manage the sponsorship & fundraising components of the AGM and other applicable BCWF events.
- Manage and coordinate donor and volunteer recognition plans and events.
- Manage all development-related communications and financial reporting.
- Identify and draft required fundraising and development related policies & procedures.
- Create strong relationships and building philanthropic commitment between constituents and the organization.
- Supervise Development staff and volunteers and provide related support to the Director of Corporate Operations and applicable committees.
- Develop & implement membership sales campaigns and strategic fundraising initiatives with Member Clubs (in conjunction with the Membership Coordinator).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University or College degree in Fundraising or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. CFRE designation preferred.
- Minimum five years direct experience in development and fundraising within a charitable non-profit environment, with an in-depth knowledge of fundraising principles, theories and practices.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive, long-term relationships with donors, corporate partners and vendors.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point. In-Design Photoshop experience also preferred.
- Proven ability to plan, budget and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse teams comprised of staff and volunteers.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including superior presentation skills, a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Must be extremely well organized, analytical, flexible and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of the legal and tax implications of donations and legacy gifts.
- Ability to effectively communicate the values and programs of the BCWF.
- Must be a self-starter, who thrives within a dynamic, multi-faceted charitable, non-profit environment.
- Ability to work extra hours as required.
- Must have a strong personal alignment with BCWF’s mission, goals and values.
- Must be able to keep strict confidentiality and sign an oath of confidentiality.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license and on-going access to a vehicle.
This full-time, permanent position is based at the BCWF offices in Surrey, conveniently located close to Hwy 1 and the Golden Ears Bridge. Occasional evenings, weekends and/or extended hours may be required to accommodate activities and events.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a current resume or CV, cover letter and salary expectations in a combined PDF file along with your references.
BCWF Human Resources
Please use subject line: Manager, Development Fundraising Application
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until October 29, 2019.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only – no fax, mail or phone calls please. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
For a complete Position Profile and more information on the BC Wildlife Federation, please visit www.bcwf.bc.ca.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that only those candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.