Executive Director - Urbanarium
An inspiring leader and strong communicator with a passion for city building. You recognize the importance that education, debate and information play in shaping a city that reflects the hopes and aspirations of its citizens. The successful candidate is an experienced not-for-profit leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, high initiative, and a proven ability to motivate and connect with various Stakeholders including, the Board, individual donors, corporate sponsors, government agencies, professional colleagues and the broader community.
The Urbanarium is a not-for-profit organization with a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of professionals in the fields of architecture, urban design, planning, development and communications. We believe in informing, educating and engaging citizens to help guide decision making to protect our future well being. We are looking for our first Executive Director (ED) to execute the strategic plan and balance the operational day-to-day requirements. This role is multi-faceted and responsible for fundraising, program development, operational management and other administrative duties. The ED will work closely with the volunteer Board to support the bold vision, evaluate collaboration and partnership opportunities, and drive programming to create a sustainable future for this important institution.
- In partnership with the Board, develop annual fundraising plans. Manage the fundraising program including searching and applying for government grants, and implement plans for annual giving, endowment giving, planned giving, and sponsorships.
- Schedule and attend monthly board meetings and facilitate committee meetings as required
- Facilitate the Board of Directors, volunteers and contract workers in a manner that ensures a timely and effective sharing of information
- Manage day-to-day office operations efficiently and effectively
- Manage the financial health of the organization including donations and day-to-day operating budgets
- Develop and implement programs (lectures, debates, informal talks and workshops, tours, competitions, exhibitions, publications and case studies raising awareness about city planning and development issues) that help the organization achieve its mission of engaging a broad audience.
- Establish strong working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, volunteers and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the Urbanarium.
MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Passionate spokesperson who ensures the public messages reflect the mission of the organization
- Advocate for policies and programs that encourage an open and constructive dialogue with all levels of government and related organizations
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Five or more years working in the not-for-profit sector with a Board of Directors
- Post-secondary education preferably in business, communications or a related field
- Proven leadership and organizational abilities with exceptional oral & written communications skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to organizational development, funding and programming
- Proven successful experience drafting, managing and presenting operating finances
- Flexibility and adaptability to take on new projects, challenges, and technologies as they arise
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.