Corporate Partnerships Officer - Science World BC
Science World British Columbia is seeking a motivated individual to grow corporate revenue and engagement in support of Science World’s mission.
Through inter and cross-departmental cooperation, this new position will enable mutually beneficial relationships betweenScience World and a wide range of corporate partners to bring maximum value for Science World. The candidate will work collaboratively across the organization to meet short and long-term goals to assist Science World in delivering and scaling science literacy across the province.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships, this position is part of the Development team and is responsible for providing comprehensive support to all of the fundraising activities of Science World. This position requires the ability to foster and develop key relationships with corporate leaders, donors, staff members, volunteers and the wider community.
- Under the direction of the Director, identify, cultivate and solicit public and private corporations to develop innovative partnership opportunities, which will generate financial and/or in-kind support of Science World including sponsorship, employee engagement, event participation, cause-related marketing, promotion, philanthropic giving, etc.
- Responsible for meeting identified corporate partnership revenue goals to generate, sustain, and increase funds for mission-related purposes
- Demonstrate best practices in corporate partnerships including execution of effective discovery meetings, development of comprehensive proposals designed to address the objectives of both the prospect and Science World, account management, sponsor fulfillment and recognition, reporting, meeting or exceeding goals and expectations, and cultivating a culture of philanthropy
- Secure new partnership agreements with existing and prospective sponsors leveraging both current and new Science World programs and mission-related activities
- Optimize corporate partnership agreements to ensure maximum benefit for Science World
- Work in partnership with the Director, Corporate Partnerships and other team members as identified to maximize corporate support and opportunities across all programs and activities
- Drive collaboration, cross-functionally and diplomatically across Science World, to lead the development and on-going stewardship of account strategies on Science World’s key corporate accounts
- Identify new prospects to continuously build the corporate partner pipeline at Science World and manage a diverse corporate prospect pipeline to support all activities and programs
- Timely execution of sponsor cultivation and stewardship activities including proposals, partnership agreements, activations and fulfillment, reporting and pledge materials as required
- Promote a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy
- Operate within the philosophy, culture, and values of Science World
- Perform other duties as required
Who are we looking for?
- 5-7 years of proven experience in a nonprofit environment or high relationship-based environment
- University or College degree in Sales, Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
- Proven experience cultivating, securing and growing revenue from corporate prospects
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence with a clean driving record and have access to a reliable vehicle
- Flexibility to accommodate for various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors are a requirement for this position
Must demonstrate the following:
- Proven corporate development and/or sales experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop, maintain and actively leverage cooperative working relationships
- Strong attention to detail; superb organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to successfully guide and execute partnerships in a matrixed reporting environment
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset
How To Apply
Please apply by October 18, 2019 via the Science World careers portal: https://www.scienceworld.ca/jobs
As a part of your application, please upload a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
* We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *