Senior Manager of Development - Family Services of the North Shore
Family Services of the North Shore is an accredited not-for-profit, community-based agency committed to making a lasting and deep impact in our community through counselling, support, education and volunteer engagement. Our vision is a healthy community where people can live full and meaningful lives.
As a valued member of the staff, you will have the opportunity to work for an organization that respects its employees, values work/life balance and provides a workplace where interactions are carried out in a spirit of collaboration, cooperation and communication.
The Development Department
Family Services of the North Shore raises approximately $2M per year through signature events, major gifts, corporate sponsorship, direct mail and grants. These funds are crucial to the success of the Agency’s programs and services which are provided to the community free of charge or on a sliding fee scale.
As a leader within the development team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the annual fundraising goals of the Agency are met by increasing revenue through a comprehensive major gift strategy and corporate gifts.
- Assist in developing and implementing the fundraising strategy for the Agency with a focus on major gifts.
- Expand the individual, foundation, private funder and corporate investment base by aiding in the development, implementation and management of a comprehensive prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship program.
- With the Director of Development, create and implement a planned giving strategy.
- Manage the Agency’s major gifts and corporate gifts portfolios.
- Support the Executive Director and the Director of Development with their individual pipelines.
- Support Agency fundraising initiatives, including events.
- Create proposals, grant applications, donor letters, requests for support etc for the Agency.
- Work with the Coordinator, Development Services on database maintenance to ensure donor information is properly classified and recorded thereby allowing for successful management of the donor cycle.
- Ensure regular reporting on revenue and metrics and provides competent pipeline management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a senior level professional, recognized for your leadership and success in fundraising.
- Be a critical, analytical thinker with exceptional planning and implementation acumen.
- Be a natural born marketer, able to match the interests of philanthropic investors with an organization’s priorities.
- Be a motivator, coach and mentor for the staff within the fund development team.
- Possess a high degree of tact and diplomacy when engaging a wide variety of donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Have excellent written skills with experience in writing fundraising documents such as cases for support and donor letters.
- Be skilled at identifying, recruiting and working with senior level fundraising volunteers.
- Be an ambassador for the Agency, able to increase its profile through spearheading successful fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities and deadlines.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Experience designing and implementing a planned giving strategy.
- Experience writing grant applications, requests for support and the like.
- Experience in the social services sector.
- Experience with the integration of donor database systems for the purpose of donor communication, stewardship and moves management.
- CFRE certificate is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other development databases would be an asset.
Family Services of the North Shore is committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We encourage all people to apply and to share relevant information to support our employment decision making process, ensuring we are able to reflect and meet the needs of a diverse community.
How To Apply
Please respond, in confidence with resume and cover letter to:
Senior Manager of Human Resources
Family Services of the North Shore
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.