Associate Director of Development, Faculty of Applied Science - The University of British Columbia
The UBC Faculty of Applied Science Development & Alumni Engagement team is seeking an experienced Associate Director of Development to join our high-performing frontline fundraising team. We’re looking for a highly motivated, independent, proactive and energetic team player to join one of Canada’s most successful development programs. The successful candidate will be a driven, strategic, and highly collaborative fundraiser, who will occupy a vital role in a diverse and ambitious fundraising team that raises over $20M each year. If you want to advance your career on an exciting and supportive team, and make a difference in the lives of students, the University and the greater community, we would love to talk with you.
The Faculty of Applied Science Development & Alumni Engagement team is responsible for a high level of strategic prospect contact, leveraging individual philanthropy and business partnerships at the major gift level in support of priority initiatives in UBC’s Faculty of Applied Science. The Faculty is home to one of Canada’s top engineering schools, as well as UBC’s highly-regarded schools of nursing, architecture and landscape architecture, and community and regional planning. This diverse and innovative environment offers motivated fundraisers many exciting opportunities to have a real impact on post-secondary education, research, and the development of solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world today.
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for managing a diverse pipeline of 75-150 prospects, making 20-25 solicitations and raising an average of $1.5+ million annually. This position is expected to demonstrate leadership by providing proactive, innovative and high-level support to senior management and faculty, and to more junior colleagues through active mentorship and collaboration. The Associate Director will work in partnership with senior development team management, senior faculty administration and faculty members to facilitate maximum support from individual philanthropists, foundations, and industry partnerships and collaborations. They will develop and implement comprehensive and complex plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects and donors (a major gift is defined as a donation of $25,000 or more), develop and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, and meet prospects on a one-on-one basis.
The successful incumbent will have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in an applicable discipline; and a graduate degree in an applicable discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in major gift fundraising and strategy development, and in alumni relations/advancement. Experience in academic fundraising is preferred.
- Experience facilitating industry partnerships and soliciting companies for funds is an asset.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience fundraising for capital campaigns and providing leadership and guidance to junior colleagues is an asset.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, along with strategic thinking and skills in conflict resolution.
- Strong conceptual abilities combined with high attention to detail and the ability to work simulhttp://staffcareers.ubc.ca/35200taneously on a variety of complex projects and prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
How To Apply
Please apply online at http://staffcareers.ubc.ca/35200 with your cover letter and resume included in one document and someone will be in touch should we decide to move forward with your application.