DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, BC - Kids Help Phone
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will see us change the landscape of youth mental health in the coming years. We can’t do it alone. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take all of us. Sounds like a journey you want to be a part of? Join us!
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, BC
Location: West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC
Position: Full time with applicable benefits
ABOUT KIDS HELP PHONE
Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has been Canada’s only national 24/7 bilingual (English and French) phone counselling, web counselling and referral and volunteer-led, text-based support to children and youth, focused on mental health. We are pioneers in the field of virtual care. We exist to serve the 8.2 Million young people across Canada. Our values are rooted in being courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy.
The Development Officer, BC is responsible for the activities related to corporate development, mid-level and annual gifts, local foundation and grant proposals. This position supports designated key relationships with corporate partners and event sponsors. It also supports the implementation of national and community fundraising events.
This position reports to the Director of Development, Western Canada.
- Solicit a targeted number of mid-level gifts (up to $25,000) through customized proposals and face-to-face meetings
- Develop and maintain relationship management strategies for assigned portfolio of donors
- Develop initiatives to create fundraising activities and increase revenue
- Lead assigned event based relationships for the purpose of renewal and/or increased engagement with Kids Help Phone
- Identify leadership and other volunteers to support community events and fundraising
- Represent Kids Help Phone as a spokesperson
- University or college degree in fundraising or related experience in sales, marketing, business development or corporate account management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding annual revenue targets
- Demonstrated success in soliciting gifts in the $1,000 to $25,000 range
- Meticulous attention to details
- Demonstrated, tact, diplomacy, interpersonal and written skills to liaise with senior management, staff, and donors
- Membership in a professional fundraising organization such as AFP or CAGP is preferred
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, Raisers Edge and electronic databases
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to other areas of Western Canada
- CFRE designation is an asset
How To Apply
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit; https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_developmentofficerwesterncanada
This posting will close end of day Sunday, September 22, 2019.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://www.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program. Scent free environment.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.