Development Officer, Vancouver BC - Junior Achievement of BC (JABC)
At Junior Achievement of BC (JABC) our purpose is to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for lifelong success. JABC has been a leader in youth business education programs for over 60 years. In partnership with educators, donors, and dedicated volunteers, JABC brings important educational experiences to thousands of students annually across the province. Our programs are delivered, free of charge, by local volunteers who provide their real-life expereinces to students. Through these programs that are focused on financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, we aim to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth to be future leaders of the province.
The Development Officer is a member of the JABC Development team and is critical to the successful execution of JABC’s Bright Futures for All B.C.’s Youth Strategic Plan. Reporting to the VP Development, the Development Officer is primarily responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of donors and prospects, with an emphasis on securing gifts in the range of $5,000-$25,000. Working with JABC’s Development team and regional program staff, this individual will manage relationships with corporate, foundation, and individual donors and prospects.
Success in this role will be evaluated by the ability to…
- Meet or exceed assigned goals for funds raised.
- Grow donor pipeline and qualified prospects.
- Increase development activity: face-to-face meetings, meaningful interactions, and proposals submitted in the range of $5,000-$25,000.
- Steward existing JABC supporters.
- Build stronger connections between JABC and the business and philanthropic community across B.C.
You will be responsible for…
- Leading relationship-building activities for JABC and contributing to the development and execution of the development strategy supporting JABC’s President & CEO and the VP Development when appropriate.
- Building and managing a portfolio of 100-125 prospects and donors (corporate, foundation, and individual).
- Growing the development portfolio through the qualification of new prospects.
- Planning and implementing engagement strategies, by working collaboratively with the Development team and the Program team to prepare tailored proposals, grant applications, and cultivation meetings and events.
- Execution of recognition and stewardship plans for regional donors, ensuring that donors receive personalized correspondence, reports and updates in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintaining and properly recording information in a CRM database.
- Preparing briefing and debriefing notes, donor engagement plans and reports as appropriate.
- Assisting with revenue and budget projections as appropriate.
- Providing additional support as required by the VP of Development, and President & CEO.
What you bring…
- A university degree in business, communications, commerce or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a donor development role.
- Experience in sales, business development, and marketing or communications is an asset.
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM database (Raisers Edge/Salesforce), and social platforms (LinkedIn).
- Knowledge of the local not-for-profit sector, foundations, granting agencies and philanthropic community.
- Strong organizational, listening, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people across an organization to achieve goals, and the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Self-directed, results-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude, including experience in tracking progress against goals on ongoing basis, with minimal supervision.
- Tact and diplomacy, good judgement and the ability to manage confidential information.
- Passion for youth education and development.
How To Apply
We offer new employees three weeks of annual vacation, perks like fortnight summer hours, flexible working arrangements, a comprehensive benefits package, and professional development opportunities. We have an awesome team and are looking for a self-motivated, collaborative, and high achieving team member to join us and help empower BC youth for lifelong success!
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Kathy Wong at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Monday September 23, 2019.